- School Liaison Team
- Every Fall, this team contacts the College Counselors at each high school where we have PTM juniors or seniors. In addition, the team becomes aware of the enrichment opportunities available to our students at each high school including: dual enrollment, AP/honors, certification pathways, and apprenticeships.
- Career Exploration Team
- This team provides support that helps students connect personal strengths and interests to careers, helping to identify possible majors or programs of study.
- College/Post-Secondary Options Team
- This team will have knowledge of and keep an updated file of local and state colleges, schools, and programs; and by request, help research other institutions. They will also keep a file connected to Military Options, Americorps or other “Gap Year” opportunities.
- Academic Readiness Team
- This team provides resources for academic support and will build relationships with and keep an updated file of community services that offer free tutoring and ACT prep, and their current calendars.
- School/College Finances Team
- This team will keep an updated file of financial aid and scholarship information/opportunities. By request, this team may connect students and families to other services for assistance, accompany them to appointments or events dealing with financial aid, or provide direct assistance with FAFSA filing/submissions or other financial aid applications.
- College Visits Team
- By request, this team accompanies PTM students to visit college campuses. An important part of the visit will be a discussion afterward about “college fit”, especially with regard to that specific college’s acceptance requirements and cost.
- College Application Team
- This team keeps track of PTM seniors who are applying to college and their “College Application Checklist.” By request, this team can assist seniors with completing applications, including applying for application fee waivers, ACT fee waivers, and following up with schools after submission.
Circles of Connection (COC) Maps
COC maps provide an opportunity to increase confidence and build self-esteem in students. They provide opportunities to have a conversation about a student’s journey with a caring adult. They serve as a reminder that students are resilient and are overcomers. COC maps are a tool for student goal-setting and accountability. They provide a way to document a student’s PTM journey.
These plans will help students convert what they’ve learned about themselves from their COC maps into concrete, comprehensive plans for their high school and post-secondary careers. For example:
- Define specific goals for your school year.
- Continue with good study habits, no unexcused absences, and get to know 2 teachers very well so they can write letters of recommendation for college or job applications!
- Start to seriously think about life after high school – What career do you want? Is it a good FIT for you? How do you get there? College? Certificate Program? Something else?
- Register and prepare to take the ACT.
- Start researching and visiting colleges or programs that will be required for you to pursue your career choice.