Elementary Afterschool Programs
Children (K-4th grade) are met daily by loving staff and volunteers where they rotate in small groups between enrichment, reading, and homework. Volunteers facilitate the rotation, help with homework, and provide instruction. PTM has seven elementary afterschool sites:
- Rolling HIlls (West Nashville) from 3:45-5:45 Monday-Thursday. This site is located in the educational wing of Rolling Hills Community Church on the corner of Park Avenue and 44th Avenue.
- Mt. Nebo (West Nashville) from 3:45-5:45 Monday-Thursday. This site is run in partnership with Camp Wonderfully Made and serves 30 girls (K-4th) who attend Park Avenue Elementary School.
- PTM’s Wilson Center (West Nashville) from 3:00-5:00 Monday-Thursday serving K-4th grade. Hal and Martha Wilson Students attending this site live in and around the Historic Preston Taylor Homes. This site serves 40 children.
- Community House (Nations and Charlotte Park) serves K-8th grade students at St. Luke’s Community House. Programming occurs from 3:30-5:30 Monday-Thursday serving students from Cockrill and Charlotte Park.
- McGruder Center (North Nashville) serves K-8th grade students. Programming occurs from 4:00-6:00 Monday-Thursday serving students from Robert Churchwell Museum Magnet.
Junior High Afterschool Programs
There are two sites across PTM that provide programming for PTM youth in 6th-8th grade who attend McKissack, Nashville Prep, John Early, and IT Creswell. Programming centers around clubs, homework, and reading development.
Community House meets at St. Luke’s Community House (SLCH)’s Roger’s Center Gym. This site has 90 total students (K-8th) with 45 of those students in junior high. Programming times for Middle School are from 3:30pm – 5:30pm.
PTM operates a site for junior high students located at the McGruder Family Resource Center. This site has 50 total students (K-8th) with 30 of those students in junior high. Junior high programming runs from 4:30-6:00 Monday-Thursday.
Contact Nina at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in tutoring or if you have questions.