Preston Taylor Ministries (PTM) empowers children and youth to discover and live their God-inspired dreams, develop a love for learning, and build joy-filled friendships that glorify Christ Jesus. Here at PTM, there is a history of helping kids become overcomers. Overcomers see beyond what is right in front of them. Caring adult relationships, tutoring academic programs, and spiritual programs all help kids and youth become the overcomers we know them to be.
PTM was founded in 1998 to confront many of the problems present in the Preston Taylor public housing area, including problems like drug use, gang involvement, teenage pregnancy, illiteracy, poor school performance and crime. To provide hope for children and families living in this environment, PTM sponsors several avenues for building life-changing relationships including tutoring, mentoring and fun events. At PTM, it’s about relationships.
As a Christian organization seeking to bring honor to God, PTM’s staff has adopted the following core beliefs that are woven into the devotionals, Bible Studies, and mentoring programs sponsored by PTM. It is our prayer that our students would recognize and experience the truth in these beliefs.
- I am created in God’s image: I am valuable and have God-given gifts and abilities.
- God loves me unconditionally and invites me into a personal relationship made possible by Jesus’ death on the cross.
- With Christ as Lord of my life, I will worship God by caring for everything God has created.
- I am a part of the body of Christ, called to live and grow in Christ-centered community.
- With the Holy Spirit living in me, I am continually being sanctified and am committed to being an agent of reconciliation within my home, my school, my community, and the world.