Elementary Afterschool Programs
Children (K-4th grade) are met daily by loving staff and volunteers where they rotate in small groups between math, reading, and homework. Volunteers facilitate the rotation, help with homework, and provide instruction. PTM has seven elementary afterschool sites:
- Faith United (North Nashville) from 3:15-5:15 Monday-Thursday. This site is located at Faith United Missionary Baptist Church on the corner of Whites Creek Pike and Revels Drive. Most of the students enrolled in this program live in the Haynes Garden Apartments and attend Old Center Elementary. This site serves 20 children.
- Park Avenue (West Nashville) from 3:00-5:00 Monday-Thursday. This site is located in the educational wing of Park Avenue Baptist Church on the corner of Park Avenue and 44th Avenue. All of the students enrolled in this program attend Sylvan Park Elementary. This site serves 20 children.
- 40th Avenue (West Nashville) from 4:00-6:00 Monday-Thursday. This site meets 40th Avenue Church of Christ on the corner of Indiana Avenue and 40th Avenue North and serves 20 students.
- Mt. Nebo (West Nashville) from 4:00-6:00 Monday-Thursday. This site meets in Mt. Nebo Missionary Baptist Church on the corner of Clifton Avenue and 25th Avenue North and serves 20 students.
- PTM’s Wilson Center (West Nashville) from 4:00-6:00 Monday-Friday serving K-4th grade. The Hal and Martha Wilson Center is located at 4014 Indiana Avenue. Students attending this site live in and around the Historic Preston Taylor Homes and attend Park Avenue Elementary, Cockrill Elementary, and McKissack Middle School. This site serves 60 children.
- Dream Center (West Nashville) will host PTM’s 5th grade students from 4:30-6:30 Monday-Thursday (Thursday ending at 5:30) for a workshop format program. This site meets at Crosspoint Church’s Dream Center campus on Delaware Avenue and serves 20 students.
Junior High Afterschool Programs
Youth (6th-8th grade) meet at Calvin House at St. Andrew’s Church Mondays-Thursdays during the school year from 4:15-6:00 pm for homework and enrichment activities. Students primarily attend Lead Academy, Nashville Prep, and McKissack Middle School.
Summer SaLT is a work readiness program for high school students. Students are employed at various companies and meet once a week altogether. These meetings focus on work skills such as interviewing, filling out paperwork, and conflict resolution. Weekly meetings are Tuesdays from 6:00-7:30
St. Luke’s Community House
St. Luke’s Community House (SLCH) is PTM’s newest site located at The Roger’s Center Gym at 1605 56th Ave North. This site has 75 students (K-8th) all meeting under the same roof. Programming times for both Elementary and Middle School are from 3:30pm – 5:30pm. PTM’s afterschool site at SLCH joins the chorus of nonprofits operating out of St. Luke’s Community House’s facilities, while remaining true to the mission of PTM.
Contact Bethany at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in tutoring or if you have questions.